FREE Delivery to a Room of Choice to Mainland England & Wales.
All orders will be processed and dispatched for delivery in line with the timescales below.
Alternatively, we can dispatch your bed frame at a later date should that be more convenient. You can specify this when viewing your Shopping Basket under Delivery Preference.
Your furniture will be delivered within 4-14 Working Days (UK Mainland) of your order being placed.
Delivery lead time depends on courier demand, scheduling and collections from us at the time you place your order, plus any additional services opted for such as assembly.
Please feel free to contact us with your postcode for a more accurate indication taking all these dynamic factors into account.
Please contact a member of our team on 02393 552 550, or visit our Contact Us page.
Please note that delivery to certain rural and offshore areas may take marginally longer than the time-scales above.
We will do our absolute best to meet our stated delivery times but they cannot be guaranteed - this is subject to courier availability and demand.
A tracking number will be provided by email when we confirm dispatch of your order. After that, our courier will contact you directly with 24-72 hours notice of their first available delivery date with a proposed delivery date.
You will then receive a 3 hour delivery slot on the day before delivery is due to take place.
Should you be unable to agree a suitable date with the courier, or have any delivery queries please do contact us.
If you have limited availability to accept delivery, please get in touch with us before you place your order, and we can advise of the courier's scheduling.
Please contact a member of our team on 02393 552 550, or visit our Contact Us page.
DELIVERY CHARGES AND OPTIONS
The below charges are applied PER ORDER, regardless of the quantity of products ordered.
Room of Choice Delivery
UK - Mainland England & Wales - FREE
UK - Delivery to Scotland* - £29.99
*Some Postcode exclusions apply - please see 'Remote Areas' detailed below
Remote Areas (AB31+, HS, IV7+, KW, PA20+, PH15+) - PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL FOR A TAILORED QUOTE
UK Offshore Delivery - Please note that courier delivery to Isle of Wight, Guernsey, Isle of Scilly, Scottish Isles, Jersey & Isle of Man is not currently available but we can deliver your goods via a pallet service (see below)
Ireland and Northern Ireland Delivery - PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL FOR A TAILORED QUOTE
Additional Delivery Options (in addition to Room of Choice Delivery)
We offer a variety of additional services to compliment the Room of Choice delivery which offers ease and peace of mind when placing your order. Opting for the additional services may limit the flexibility that we have with delivery dates. If you have limited availability, please contact our team prior to opting for the additional services.
Please be advised that we are only able to offer the additional services to certain post code areas as these services will be carried out by experienced team members who are extremely familiar with our variety of products and the level of service that is required.
Please see the following postcodes below to check if you are eligible for the additional services:
|Postcode Area for Assembly Services
||Coverage Map for Assembly Services
AL, B, BA*, BH*, BN, BR, CR, CV, DA*, DE*, E, EC, EN, GL*, GU, HA, HP, IG, KT, LE, LU, ME*, MK, N, NN, NW, OX, PO, RG, RH, RM*, SE, SG*, SL, SM, SN, SO, SP, SW, TN*, TW, UB, W, WD, WR*
*Indicates partial coverage of a Postcode Area - please refer to the Coverage Map for details.
Please Click Here to view our Delivery Coverage Map in Full Size (725Kb)
Removal & Recycling of Packaging - from £15 for first product
We offer a removal of packaging service which means our teams will remove all of the packaging from your order and from there we will recycle, reuse and dispose of the packaging accordingly in our efforts to do our part for the environment.
- 1st product: £15
- 2nd product: +£10 (£25)
- 3rd and all subsequent products: +£5 for each product
Delivery & Assembly (Limited to the below products ONLY) - from £30
Put your mind as ease with our expert team members assembling your order. With a delivery team that has over 23 years combined experience working closely with our products to offer an efficient assembly.
Please be advised that the surcharge for the assembly service is dependent on the frame and furniture that is ordered.
Please also be advised that some items may be pre-assembled ahead of your delivery.
Guest Beds: £50
- Ottoman and Storage Beds:
- 3ft Single: £60
- 4ft Double & over: £80
- Standard Bed Frames:
- 3ft Single: £30
- 4ft Double & over: £50
Chester Oak Blanket Box: £30
Thornton Dressing Table: £30
- NB - ALL Under Bed Drawers are Excluded from Assembly
- Delivery & Assembly AND Removal & Recycling of Packaging
- The additional rates above will combine accordingly
- Removal of your Old Bed Frame - from £40 per item
- Please ensure your old bed frame is dismantled prior to collection. Product to be removed MUST be LIKE FOR LIKE (IE not a divan base, matching size). PLEASE CONTACT US TO ARRANGE THIS SERVICE.
Express Pallet Delivery Option
UK Delivery (Pallet Service) - from £40
We are pleased to now offer an express Palletised delivery option for our customers. This delivery service offers a fast delivery option across the whole of the UK via the Palletforce distribution network.
For Two Working Day Pallet Delivery please order before 10am.
If you require pallet delivery on a Specified Day please contact us after ordering.
Pallet deliveries are to the outside of your property, and in most cases the delivery driver is NOT able to remove the wrapping/packaging or the pallet itself, but we can always ask that they do so.
UK Offshore/Remote Area Delivery (Pallet Service) - PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL FOR A TAILORED QUOTE
TERMS & INFORMATION
General Information and Delivery Tips
- For every order placed with TheOakBedStore you will receive a confirmation email detailing your order. It is recommended that you ensure all details are correct. This enables us to ensure the delivery process runs smoothly.
- If for any reason you notice any of the details are incorrect please contact a member of our team on 02393 552 550, or reply to your confirmation email, or visit our Contact Us page.
- Please remember that it is your responsibility to check the measurements of your new furniture on our website - it is important to ensure that there is sufficient access via your front door (and stairway if Room of Choice delivery is required).
- Your delivery will ordinarily take place between 7am – 6pm.
- Should you not be available at the time of attempted delivery you will be left a card with details to contact your local depot and arrange re-delivery or collection directly.
- All customers will be contacted by the courier on 3 separate occasions; if they can still not make contact after the third attempt the courier will await a response from the customer. If after 21 days the customer has not been in touch, arrangements will be made for the goods to be returned to us; in this instance an aborted delivery fee may be applicable.
Room of Choice Delivery Details
- All deliveries will be carried out by a fully trained delivery driver, as a single OR two manned service (as appropriate for your order).
- Where possible the delivery driver(s) will do their utmost to put your item(s) in your room of choice, subject to the following conditions;
- All room of choice deliveries will be subject to a site survey by the driver who will assess whether it is possible to place the item in the customer’s room of choice.
- If in the event after the site survey the delivery team deems it unsafe or considers that they would be unable to place the item(s) in the customer’s room of choice, the driver would ask the customer for an alternative room to place the product.
- In the unfortunate event that the delivery team are unable to place the product in any room of choice then the item will be left in the safest possible location that the customer is happy with.
- Deliveries above the third floor are dependent on access to a lift.
- Please remember that it's your responsibility to check that the items will fit through doors and staircases in their packaging before you place your order.
- Please also note that it is your responsibility to ensure that potential hazards (furniture, ornaments, wall fittings & pictures, etc) are removed wherever possible.
- It is also your responsibility to protect your floors and carpets - the delivery drivers are not allowed to remove their protective footwear due to health and safety regulations.
- Once all the items are positioned in the appropriate room of choice the delivery team will ask you to check that all packaging is in good condition,
- If you are happy with the condition of the packaging the driver will ask you to sign for the item as "packaging OK, item unchecked".
- If you are unhappy with the packaging, the driver will ask you to unpack the item to check for any damage. If you are happy with the item then you are asked to sign for the item as goods checked and all items OK.
- In the unlikely event of any damages being discovered, please note this when completing the Proof of Delivery Survey / Signature. Please be assured that we will act promptly to rectify this for you (see below).
Failed Deliveries & Re-Delivery
Failed deliveries will incur a re-delivery fee.
Please make sure you are available to receive delivery on the agreed date and time. If you find that you are unable to receive delivery, please contact us on 02393 552 550 at least 24 hours before your delivery is due to take place. We reserve the right to charge a minimum of £30 towards to the cost of a failed delivery.
We take every precaution to ensure you receive your order in pristine condition. All products are opened and inspected in our warehouse prior to dispatch.
In the unlikely event that you should find any item or component to be damaged on delivery, please accept the delivery and note the details when signing for the goods.
You will need to inform us at your earliest convenience which will allow us to make arrangements to replace the damaged item as soon as possible.