FREE Delivery to a Room of Choice to Mainland England & Wales.
95% of UK Mainland Postcodes are delivered to within 2-7 working days.
All orders will be processed on the same working day if placed before 12 Midday, or we can dispatch your bed frame at a later date (you can specify this when viewing your Basket, under Special Instructions) should that be more convenient.
Your furniture will be delivered within 2-12 Working Days (UK Mainland) of your order being placed, depending on your location and delivery postcode area (please click here to determine your Delivery Region):
Southern Region - 2-6 Working Days
Central Region - 3-7 Working Days
Northern Region - 4-12 Working Days
Ireland - up to 30 Working Days
We appreciate the above is somewhat vague - delivery lead time depends on courier demand, scheduling and collections from us at the time you place your order.
Please feel free to contact us with your postcode for a more accurate indication taking all these dynamic factors into account.
Please contact a member of our team on 02393 552 550, or visit our Contact Us page.
Please note that delivery to certain rural and offshore areas may take marginally longer than the time-scales above.
We will do our absolute best to meet our stated delivery times but they cannot be guaranteed - this is subject to courier availability and demand.
A tracking number will be provided by email when we confirm dispatch of your order. After that, our courier will contact you directly with 24-72 hours notice of their first available delivery date with a proposed delivery date.
You will then receive a 3 hour delivery slot on the day before delivery is due to take place.
Should you be unable to agree a suitable date with the courier, or have any delivery queries please do contact us.
If you have limited availability to accept delivery, please get in touch with us before you place your order, and we can advise of the courier's scheduling.
Please contact a member of our team on 02393 552 550, or visit our Contact Us page.
DELIVERY CHARGES AND OPTIONS
The below charges are applied PER ORDER, regardless of the quantity of products ordered.
Room of Choice Delivery - This includes the un-boxing of your goods by the courier (please note that this does not include the removal of the packaging from your property)
UK - Mainland England & Wales - FREE
UK - Delivery to Scotland* - £29.99
*Some Postcode exclusions apply - please see 'Remote Areas' detailed below
Remote Areas (AB31+, HS, IV7+, KW, PA20+, PH15+) - PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL FOR A TAILORED QUOTE
UK Offshore Delivery - Please note that courier delivery to Isle of Wight, Guernsey, Isle of Scilly, Scottish Isles, Jersey & Isle of Man is not currently available but we can deliver your goods via a pallet service (see below)
Ireland and Northern Ireland Delivery - PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL FOR A TAILORED QUOTE
EUROPEAN DELIVERY - Available to the following countries via a pallet delivery service:
Please Contact Us with details of what you would like to order, and your delivery address, and we can provide a quote for delivery.
Additional Delivery Options (in addition to Room of Choice Delivery)
Un-boxing of your Items and Removal & Recycling of packaging - +£10
Sorry we are unable to offer this service at present
Removal of your Old Bed Frame - +£40 per item
Please ensure your old bed frame is dismantled prior to collection. Product to be removed MUST be LIKE FOR LIKE (IE not a divan base, matching size). PLEASE CONTACT US TO ARRANGE THIS SERVICE.
Express Pallet Delivery Option
UK Delivery (Pallet Service) - from £40
We are pleased to now offer an express Palletised delivery option for our customers. This delivery service offers a fast delivery option across the whole of the UK via the Palletforce distribution network.
For Two Working Day Pallet Delivery please order before 10am.
If you require pallet delivery on a Specified Day please contact us after ordering.
Pallet deliveries are to the outside of your property, and in most cases the delivery driver is NOT able to remove the wrapping/packaging or the pallet itself, but we can always ask that they do so.
UK Offshore/Remote Area Delivery (Pallet Service) - PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL FOR A TAILORED QUOTE
European Delivery (Pallet Service) - PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL FOR A TAILORED QUOTE
TERMS & INFORMATION
General Information and Delivery Tips
- For every order placed with TheOakBedStore you will receive a confirmation email detailing your order. It is recommended that you ensure all details are correct. This enables us to ensure the delivery process runs smoothly.
- If for any reason you notice any of the details are incorrect please contact a member of our team on 02393 552 550, or reply to your confirmation email, or visit our Contact Us page.
- Please remember that it is your responsibility to check the measurements of your new furniture on our website - it is important to ensure that there is sufficient access via your front door (and stairway if Room of Choice delivery is required).
- Your delivery will ordinarily take place between 7am – 6pm.
- Should you not be available at the time of attempted delivery you will be left a card with details to contact your local depot and arrange re-delivery or collection directly.
- All customers will be contacted by the courier on 3 separate occasions; if they can still not make contact after the third attempt the courier will await a response from the customer. If after 21 days the customer has not been in touch, arrangements will be made for the goods to be returned to us; in this instance an aborted delivery fee may be applicable.
Room of Choice Delivery Details
- All deliveries will be carried out by a fully trained delivery driver, as a single OR two manned service (as appropriate for your order).
- Where possible the delivery driver(s) will do their utmost to put your item(s) in your room of choice, subject to the following conditions;
- All room of choice deliveries will be subject to a site survey by the driver who will assess whether it is possible to place the item in the customer’s room of choice.
- If in the event after the site survey the delivery team deems it unsafe or considers that they would be unable to place the item(s) in the customer’s room of choice, the driver would ask the customer for an alternative room to place the product.
- In the unfortunate event that the delivery team are unable to place the product in any room of choice then the item will be left in the safest possible location that the customer is happy with.
- Deliveries above the third floor are dependent on access to a lift.
- Please remember that it's your responsibility to check that the items will fit through doors and staircases in their packaging before you place your order.
- Please also note that it is your responsibility to ensure that potential hazards (furniture, ornaments, wall fittings & pictures, etc) are removed wherever possible.
- It is also your responsibility to protect your floors and carpets - the delivery drivers are not allowed to remove their protective footwear due to health and safety regulations.
- Once all the items are positioned in the appropriate room of choice the delivery team will ask you to check that all packaging is in good condition,
- If you are happy with the condition of the packaging the driver will ask you to sign for the item as "packaging OK, item unchecked".
- If you are unhappy with the packaging, the driver will ask you to unpack the item to check for any damage. If you are happy with the item then you are asked to sign for the item as goods checked and all items OK.
- In the unlikely event of any damages being discovered, please note this when completing the Proof of Delivery Survey / Signature. Please be assured that we will act promptly to rectify this for you (see below).
Failed Deliveries & Re-Delivery
Failed deliveries will incur a re-delivery fee.
Please make sure you are available to receive delivery on the agreed date and time. If you find that you are unable to receive delivery, please contact us on 02393 552 550 at least 24 hours before your delivery is due to take place. We reserve the right to charge a minimum of £30 towards to the cost of a failed delivery.
We take every precaution to ensure you receive your order in pristine condition. All products are opened and inspected in our warehouse prior to dispatch.
In the unlikely event that you should find any item or component to be damaged on delivery, please accept the delivery and note the details when signing for the goods.
You will need to inform us at your earliest convenience which will allow us to make arrangements to replace the damaged item as soon as possible.
For transparency and ease, we now have an online Returns and Exchanges page that allows you to search your order using your email address and order number, and provide details of the return or exchange, then track the return status as it progresses.
Please click here to start a return or exchange.